Monday, April 17, 2006

I went for a walk

Well, I keep discovering what a nuisance it is to be effectively one-handed, if only temporarily. Having conquered putting my contact lenses in and sought Leon's help on a couple of things, I decided a walk would be good for me. Mind you, I let him go to bed before thinking about shoelaces and how to tie them...



I returned to the scene of Saturday's splat (couldn't see any blood, Mini, if you're reading), carried on into the Park, anti-clockwise, out at Ham Gate, along to the river, over at Teddington Lock, back towards Kingston Bridge, down the towpath, back over at Hampton Court Bridge, through Thames Ditton, up through Surbiton and home. The Park was horrendously busy, but it seemed mostly to be bicycles (perhaps all the Xmas pressies finally getting an airing). Other parts of the stroll were more peaceful. I wasn't looking to see how many 'mad woman' glances I got as I swung one arm and practised the E of RICE with my left hand in the air! Sunny, a bit windy in a couple of spots, but it was a nice walk.

Now, does it count as my longest training 'run'? Not that it might matter, was thinking if I can't open drinks and I'm afraid of being bumped into... then I really ought to defer.

Not Sure

10 comments:

b-z said...

You have a few more days to decide
wish i was that good at walking
Is the finger strapped

XFR Bear said...

give i ttime WUmbly - when I deferred as I recall (please check) as long as it's posted (and postmarked) before Sunday it counts. I did it late Friday evening, but I think in theory you can post in Saturday.

Wish I could walk that fast too.

beanz said...

good walking!

I couldn't do that pace for that lenght of time without breaking into a plod

as ruth says - a few days yet before you need to decide - although I guess the uncertainty is unsettling
x

Anonymous said...

Yowch, those finger pics don't look great, especially that last one... ;o)

If the finger pain persists you could always follow Ranulph Fiennes' example... (see penultimate paragraph):

http://books.guardian.co.uk/extracts/story/0,,391921,00.html

Get well soon x

womble said...

I think fingers are ok, the pain when it happens is in middle of back of hand... hence guess at ring finger metacarpal.

Some sympathy at work today but people think it should be all bandaged/plastered up. Worst bit of the day is all the faffing about involved in getting washed and dressed etc. Lots of cursing :o(

But Beary, was soooo looking forward to holding your paw on Sunday!

womble said...

PS that was slow walking. Did the Moonwalk in 5h32m (approx 12.40 miling)!!!

beanz said...

I can barely run that fast!

womble said...

At the moment, my dear beanz..... at the moment ;o)

Anonymous said...

Dunno if my link worked, but basically ol' Ranulf got fed up with his dead (from frost bite) fingers and cut the top off one of them himself with a fret-saw!

Hopefully your fingers won't need the same level of attention... :o)

womble said...

Dear little bruv, I knew that already....

Have a nice burfdee!!!