Monday, January 16, 2006

I did it, I did it!!!!

So what is she all excited about, you wonder? Well, I finally sent my CV to three people this afternoon. One chap responded pretty much straight away with a friendly noise or two. Phew. This is the beginning of lots of discomfort, I think. Like exams, I really don't like job interviews but it's got to be done. Otherwise, will have to sell the cat, then the children.......

Did lots of organising of stuff for the 10k and went along this evening to tell t'Committee all about it. There's work to be done for sure, but I reckon that good preparation does help things go smoothly on the day. Well, it worked like that last year.

Had one of those 'Aren't children funny' moments this evening. Popped in to their house late on to check on 'babysitting' duties required over the next few days. Anyway, took deep breath and asked the father-of-the-children if they'd told him I've got an engagement ring? 'No, they didn't' he said! Now Miniwomble is usually leakier than the proverbial sieve and both miniwombles were really warm, positive and supportive when I showed the ring to them at the weekend. So it was really amusing, to me at least, that they hadn't said anything. On the other hand, perhaps he did a good job of pretending... It was odd, I found it more difficult to tell him than my family last Friday. He sees it as a good thing too.

Smile

9 comments:

Highway Kind said...

Why do I get the feeling that everything is falling into place for you?

b-z said...

awwwwwww

womble said...

HK I do hope so, I really do!

b-z Thanks!

beanz said...

well it is a good thing isn't it

xx

womble said...

beanz Oh yes :o)))

Evil Pixie said...

oi beanz I was gonna say that!

So you got a date yet?

womble said...

There's some dates in the cupboard. Is that what you mean?

XFR Bear said...

Minwomble is leaky??

Bit old to be piddling herself in't she?

Evil Pixie said...

:-P
{blows raspberry}