Friday, January 06, 2006

And so the screaming starts.....

I decided I really ought to get on with processing entries for the 10k, even though the race numbers (to be supplied free by local purveyors of perspiration) haven't turned up yet. Grrr. Now, I love people who are already on my database, as long as they haven't changed any of their details.... like date of birth (explain that one). I also like people who can write legibly, don't pin their cheque to the entry form, tell me what t-shirt size they'd like, enclose a nice big envelope and so on. I don't think I'm too fussy.

Tomorrow I start to do the online entries. Slightly different - no envelopes to open or cheques to keep safe. On the other hand I have to write the envelopes. Yes, I did try to understand how to get excel to mailmerge from word using a dataset I may, or may not, have to print on envelopes and reckoned it would take longer to work out than write the bliddy things.

Of course, when the race numbers do turn up, I may well just take the empty, unfulfilled envelopes up to the club and tell them where to stick things. So to speak.

And, breathe.......

Now, the lovely Miniwomble has in the past helped me with race things, as has Megawomble, so perhaps...... hmmmm, bribery may be involved. Let's hope they give receipts.

No comments: