skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Happy Sad Day
It went much better than expected, despite the trauma of the A30 being closed off due to some incident and taking a scenic detour through Launceston and the surrounding area on the way there. I'm not religious and the service today had a very low R content. First time I've ever started a funeral smiling - 'Brothers in Arms' by Dire Straits played as the coffin was brought in. The readings included Desiderata and, 'All is Well' by Henry Scott Holland which some of you might know already. There was also a four line poem 'Life is not measured'. Other music: Jerusalem, 'Because you loved me' by Celine Dion and 'You raise me up' lyrics by Josh Groban (although not sure if he was the performer on the recording). It was a really lovely service.Afterwards we went back to my late uncle's house and did the seemingly ritual looking at photographs. Apparently, he was an amazing hoarder and that included stuff that he'd kept of my grandmother's when she died. Leon had wanted to come too but couldn't because of work. Probably just as well. Not necessarily the best thing for him to be confronted with my family photos......Once we were back at my parents' house in Dorset, and all 7 people actually stayed in the same room for long enough, I told them about my shiny Xmas present :o) The jewellers had rung while I was down in Cornwall to say it was ready to be collected. So, my brothers, having been photographed together wearing suits for the first time since my wedding in 1984 were told to hang on to them!
9 comments:
jewellers??
shinny presents?
men in suits?
is there a link?
EEEK!
Now THIS is news!
[drums fingers on desk]
look you two if you have something to day please do say it no before we come to conclusions we shouldn't!
Pix, Ruth & Laura
I suspect that any suspicions you have are entirely correct!!!!
:o))))))))))))))
[Womble glances down at nice shiny thing on finger of left hand]
Gawd you lot are slow - I guessed that aaaaaaaages ago :o)
Good for something positive to come out of the day womble
[slaps fraggle]
So when do we buy hats then?
When is the hen night?
when is the party?
Oh sorry forgot the Congrats!
All in good time..... Actually, haven't a bliddy clue!!! I suppose we could practise though :o) Lots of drinking and partying!
Can I just point out that it was a different suit I was wearing to that in 1984...
I thought it fitted quite well. The one in 1984...... ;o)
Post a Comment