Thursday, January 19, 2006

How odd

I've sent my CV to four people now and none of them have offered me a job! Tricky this job-seeking thing. Must find out what you're supposed to do. Not had to do it before (I don't really count the milk round at university). I'm doing well at not spending money but I really don't see us surviving on one salary for awfully long. Anyone out there got a telecoms regulatory post going spare?

I've been miniwomble-sitting this week. Their Dad is away in New Mexico (he's VIP involved with the project on Horizon last Thursday) so I've been staying over at their house. Not that they need much looking after but it's best to have someone there overnight. Who knows what they might get up to otherwise. Well, knowing my two, hardly anything! Last night tonight.

Went out for a r*n with Miniwomble yesterday evening. We did 1.16 miles around the block. She's a good runner but is rather out of practice and has grown huge amounts since her heyday of a year or two back. I'm sure she'll get back into it. Then I went off to the club. Me and this lovely chap H agreed on a route and off four of us went. Nice group, chatting, comfortable pace etc. It was good. Then there was that "Are we on the right road?" moment. I say "Well, we just passed the top end of X Road. Hmmm, we should have passed the bottom end.......". Quick about turn and we recover the situation before we've gone too far downhill. The two sisters with us are fairly new to the club but are becoming real members, you know, people who get involved which is great. They were amused, I think. The outcome was that we did 7.5 miles instead of the planned 6-ish and that meant it was the longest run so far for one of them and she was really pleased. They've both got M places and they'll be fine.

Today, I've been doing stuff for the 10k and I don't think I'm going to fit in a plod. I suppose I could r*n to the miniwombles' house and back to feed the weary 13.1-er and then back to minis' again. That would come to ooh about 4.5 miles. Or I could cycle. Did ~7 miles on my bike yesterday. Must get my ar$e into gear. At least when I finally plucked up the courage to step on the scales the other day it wasn't quite as frightening as I thought it was going to be. But then, I'd just done a 32+ mile week.

And I can see one of those busy weekends looming over the horizon..... Cubs and Miniwombles all here on Saturday. Plan is to go swimming in the afternoon which they all enjoy. Must remember to drink lemonade tomorrow evening at the Not-the-London-Social social. Like yeah

Beer Drinker

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

They haven't offered you a job YET!

XFR Bear said...

Keep going Wumbly!

[gives Wumble a big furry hug]

womble said...

Thanks guys. At least someone rang me about a gym thingy today. So my petty cash is ok. Just not the mortgage-paying-size cash!

I'll have to zap some more people next week.