Sunday, January 08, 2006

Good Saturday

It was a quiet day in lots of ways. I was wanting to 'do something' with the miniwombles but the weather was cold and damp and not conducive to anything outside which we would usually do. First achievement of the day was getting Megawomble's hair cut, it had got to the point where we had to use identifying features other than his face....... He really doesn't like going to the hairdressers. Anyway, he looked absolutely fantastic - his first 'proper' hairstyle as opposed to 'shorter all over please'.

Isn't he lovely? He was a lot smaller 15 years ago! And you know what, we even talked yesterday, as in had a conversation.




Miniwomble and I spent some time together, wandering about doing chores and then baking a cake. There's a Russian Festival in Trafalgar Square next Saturday and we might go to that.

Then I remembered that I hadn't seen my middle brother recently, the one who lives fairly locally. So I gave him a call and he and his girlfriend came over for the evening, overlapping with the miniwombles. They love him, he still has 'favourite uncle' status. Mind you, I did have to get him and Mega to sit apart as they were looking rather too alike! We didn't swap presents as I hadn't bought any (oops) but he gave me 2 Pink Floyd CDs which was great. Have you realised how annoying it is to play music on vinyl? You have to get up every 15 minutes or so to turn the thing over! And there's no remote control or skipping of tracks..... So, finished the evening giving Leon a demonstration of what can happen when I've had a glass of lemonade - put on favourite music, turn up volume and 'sing' along. I'm still working on the principle that if I don't ever hear my neighbours then obviously the sound insulation is very good. Isn't it?

[EDIT]

My Mum just rang to say her younger brother died this morning.

5 comments:

beanz said...

(((Womble and family)))

RobW said...

(((Womble)))

fraggle said...

{{{{{ womble and family }}}}}

Cath Delaney said...

Oh hun (((hugs)))

Evil Pixie said...

{{hugs to all}}