The e-mail offer came through on Friday to become an Event Services Team Member, at Wimbledon. I haven't checked to see what sport that will be!
I think I agree with the person who said something like it's almost as bad as having golf in the Olympics. There are some sports that are so professional that they could be seen as beyond the Olympic ideal - tennis, football and basketball spring to mind. I know that those who participate say it is all about representing their nation but, excuse my cynicism, I'm imagining the players' sponsors might be upping the dosh for their person being at the Olympics? Even if their branding isn't visible, it's exposure for their commodity ie the person.
I've been receiving what seems like more than daily e-mails from LOCOG for ages now and I think it's only going to get worse. It's funny, they must have a super-duper, happy clappy editorial team writing these messages. I'm surprised Pro Plus isn't a sponsor. Every one is so upbeat and full of ermmm something or other. Shortly after I accepted my role, the next message introduced me to the Games Maker uniform. Here's some of the blurb:
"The Games Maker uniform, designed by LOCOG in association with London 2012’s official sportswear provider adidas, has a deep purple and poppy red colour scheme. The colour combination is based upon a contemporary twist of a regal purple and vibrant Grenadier Guards red. The combinations of vibrant and fresh colours will provide a distinctive look and allow Games Makers to stand out in the crowd."
And here's a picture.
I think I know how she feels.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment