Sunday, February 05, 2012

Are you a Games Maker?

Having filled in the form what seems like decades ago, I finally had my selection interview to be a Games Maker on Friday morning. I was in line for selection into the Events Services team which basically is all about spectator care. There are five roles all of which are "... people-focused, busy and varied, so you should be passionate about providing exceptional service. We are looking for people who enjoy helping the public, answering lots of questions and working as part of our energetic, enthusiastic team". You know what, I think that sounds a lot like what I do in my day job as well as my volunteering. The session was well run, sponsored by chocolate and I hope I managed to convey my enthusiasm for wanting to be involved.

Fingers crossed.

Friday evening found me on a Girls' Night Out. We went to Wallace & Co in Putney which was good. Not only was the food lovely but the service was excellent. No hassling us to order before our final person arrived (traffic delays), no trouble turning the group into five from four, nor dealing with us changing our minds on what to have (umpteen times!) or coping with producing a final bill which we then added to when two of our party had to leave earlier than the rest of us. A great evening and catch up. I missed the last outing due to a blonde moment when for a whole week I was confused about the date and missed at least two appointments!

So there, just about up-to-date again. Don't say it wasn't exciting ;-)

No comments: