Sunday, February 19, 2012

Cycling

It isn't just trucks that kill cyclists. Buses and coaches have the potential to do it too. In recent times, if I am subject to poor driving by a commercial vehicle I try to remember as many details as possible and then, using the power of google (other search engines are available) I send them an e-mail. No response to my first of the year, but am waiting on the follow-up to this:

Dear Ms Hardy

Thank you for your email of 10th February. We do take driving standards very seriously, and we will investigate this incident with the driver concerned. I will contact you again once we have been able to complete our investigations.

Yours sincerely

Xxxxxxx Yyyyyy
HR Advisor

As for the two stories, I've linked - I've never cycled in Bristol but I know the junction of Bishopsgate and Wormwood Street very well, both as a pedestrian and a cyclist. If you're a Londoner or cycle here, then why not sign up to the LCC campaign for safer cycling in the capital.

Happy cycling.

No comments: