Sunday, October 08, 2006

One week left

This twice extended contract is now definitely coming to a close. Five more days then it all starts to get exciting. There's quite a bit to get done, but it'll be ok. It's going to be 'interesting' as we have more company briefings this Thursday. I'm glad I don't have to worry about what might be said. My only worry is whether it will interfere with my leaving lunch with the team!

I didn't go running today. My last ploddle was a week ago. I had a crisis of confidence. I needed to do a long run and couldn't make myself do it. Seemed too difficult. Silly really. Need someone to drag me out. I'll be cycling to work again so am unlikely to run until next weekend. This is tapering to the extreme. I've done some ultra filing and sorting so perhaps that'll make up for it.

On the cycling front, I took Miniwomble out on her bike yesterday - on the road. She did her cycling proficiency badge in year 6 but I've told her many times that she needs to understand the road too. We set off to the High Street first for something we'd forgotten earlier. She wasn't too bad but easily baulked by cars and didn't know what to do at certain times. One pep talk later, we went back the same way, past the house (and I really was expecting a plaintive cry at that point) to Kingston. I had her cycling in front of me, so I could guard her from traffic coming up behind us. It meant I had to stay pretty close and give her a commentary and encouragement as we went along. I was pleased with her. She listened to what I said and took it in. I decided we really didn't want to cycle through the main pedestrian shopping precinct so we pushed the bikes the last bit. At least we saw other people doing that too, so it wasn't like we were wimping out. Shopping and chores done, we returned home. Safely. She said she enjoyed it! I tested her on the things she'd learned too, for a touch of reinforcement.

Other than the excitement of the cycling, it's been a quiet weekend, especially when compared to last week, even though the miniwombles stayed over last night. Thank goodness!!!

One more week, then I can switch off.

4 comments:

Mx said...

Make it a good last week huni - show them what you've done - don't be afraid to blow your own trumpet a bit. Look at this way, if you are worried they will think you are an over-egotistical maniac, well you might never see them again anyway!

(Notwithstanding a job with them when you come home!!)

:oD

womble said...

Unfortunately, PM, I know there won't be a job here in the New Year.

Mx said...

Doh! I thought you were hoping that there would be something - albeit part time? Have I got confuddled? Sorry.

womble said...

I know something I shouldn't about the company briefings that are taking place on Thursday. Unfortunately.