Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Bike is better again!

Smiled sweetly at chap in Cycle Surgery over the road from work and got the wheel fixed today. Only £15. I did ask if they couldn't make it a bit more. The chap said I should have claimed for a new wheel! Thought I might have left it a bit too late as coffee with friend was most enjoyable and went on for a bit longer than planned. Was great to catch up.

People at work are getting more gloom-stricken. I don't know if the 'news' is not going to be a surprise or whether there is only one obvious way forward, minimising costs and trying to make the business more efficient and effective. Anyway, the briefings are tomorrow so we'll know officially what's what then. I think productivity might be down for the day and the local pub busy.

13 sleeps

4 comments:

Mx said...

Harsh environment to work in, when you are waiting for the hammer to fall.

Good news on the bike front tho! :o)

Anonymous said...

I think a new pic is in order showing new rack on bike!

womble said...

Gimme a chance!!!!

Cath Delaney said...

ahem little bruv made his post FOUR days ago!