Tuesday, October 17, 2006

7 sleeps

Busy day today. Five gym inductions, and I cycled there and back, of course! Must model the active living thing, mustn't I? I enjoy gym inductions in a perverse sort of way. It's interesting to meet different people, work with them for an hour at a simple, physical level. To find out how they work, what their strong points are and their less strong. To help them think about their exercise aspirations and hopefully send them off on the path to a slightly fitter life. Even more enjoyable and rewarding is to see someone in the gym having a good work-out, actually doing what they said they would. I like to chat with people like that when I can, give them the odd extra little hint or tip, or simply offer some words of encouragement. Today, there was a more mature lady in the gym at lunchtime - ok even older than me - and she was doing a good session. She said yes, she was enjoying it, feeling fitter and more alive. It made me smile.

During the day, I went to see some ex-colleagues upstairs in the gym building. I ended up doing some telecoms work - for free! The boss of the last two days of my contract was in the office, discussing that it would be useful to get a fresh set of eyes to read through a document that is to 'go public' very shortly. The team all smiled and one of them said, if you want proof-reading done, there's the expert right here..... The boss raised his hands in resignation, offered no argument and said ok! Was amusing as it's a document I'd heard a lot about in the last few weeks, so was interesting to see it, even if it was after I'd left! Of course, I made some useful observations. I would, wouldn't I?

And now back home. Thinking right, where's that list again? I'm sure it's all under control. If Megawomble returns my big rucsac tomorrow that will be helpful. He borrowed it for a night hike again, this last weekend. And no, he didn't return it on Sunday. Or Monday. This weekend is going to busy, I've decided. So suddenly, it seems necessary to get the packing kicked off.

Eeeekkkkk

Bugger

2 comments:

b-z said...

oooooh good
a new tone in yuor post

beanz said...

just thinking the same thing!