Monday, August 27, 2007

Lovely weekend

So it started with Thursday, with the miniwombles doing pressies etc at midnight for my birthday. Friday has already been blogged with the drinks out with a friend. Although, I didn't mention the appearance of a discarded electronic tag in my back garden! I rang the freephone number on it and they asked me nicely if I could post it back to them... I obviously have great neighbours around here.

Saturday, Miniwomble suggested it be a 'normal Saturday but you come to get us at 10 instead of 9'. That's our usual plan post-social, so it was nice that she thought I might want a lie-in the morning after my birthday! We did our usual Saturday shopping, lunch was 'dips' one of our favourites, eaten sitting out in the garden enjoying the arrival of some decent weather. Mega went off to the cinema in the evening, Mini and I ate out again, and watched the bats flying around. I let her have a glass of my wine too.

Sunday, there was some confusion as to who was staying where overnight. Mega went out again in the day, having pumped up all the tyres on all the bikes which was really good. Mini and I did some other bike maintenance, although I'm a bit worried about the seeming lack of any rear braking action on my bike. Another visit to the bike shop in the morning, I think. I had to encourage Mini to go home in the evening, please, as a friend was about to arrive. In the end, I'm sure they must have passed within metres of each other - her departing by bike and friend arriving by car! Spent several hours in delightful company.

Monday, the weather was good again. I finally decided that I really ought to finish off reading the latest Harry Potter or be in danger of JK Rowling changing her mind and writing the 8th book. I enjoyed it. A quiet day otherwise. Went for a run in the evening at club. Collected some sari material, from a freecycler, which is very lovely (need to think of a use now). Also had some magazines delivered by another freecycler who wanted to give their son some driving practice before his test this week (saved me cycling not very far). The magazines are for a friend, although they don't know that yet!

Tomorrow, back to work. Wednesday hopefully get a decent run done in the evening. Thursday work again. Friday at Crisis followed by the London Social which I think is going to be rather good.

3 comments:

beanz said...

sounds like a great weekend :>)

womble said...

It was really lovely, beanz, in lots of ways.

beanz said...

good - you deserve it
x