Friday, August 24, 2007

Another birthday

The miniwombles stayed over last night and insisted upon staying up until midnight!


Yes, it's that t-shirt again. And a present...








The present is home-made fudge spelling out "Birthday"!



This is the "just in case of fudge failure" present.
Lots of cards with two main themes: cats and alcohol...
Late edit <01.30>
I went to have an early evening (6.30pm) drink with a girlfriend. She had an hilarious time on the trains and left me on my own at a wine bar/brasserie on Wandsworth Common until almost 7.10pm. Anyway, we had a chat and a drink, and then a friend of hers joined us. Then we all made to leave. As I was about to pedal off, my phone rang. Should I wish to join a dinner party, I should turn the bike in the opposite direction...
So. Some food and more drink later and I was in very convivial company. Then more singing of "Happy Birthday" (I'd already had that by some strange chance at the brasserie with candles on a piece of chocolate mousse/fudge cake yummy), more drink and finally home on the stroke of 1am. Yes, I travelled by bicycle.
Was quite a nice birthday, thank you to everyone. There were some pressies on the table from Mini when I got home too.

8 comments:

b-z said...

fantastic-hope you have a lovely day

Anonymous said...

My card wasn't about cats or alcohol! Can you tell Daniel to do something about that t-shirt? I had to turn my monitor down! :o)

womble said...

The miniwombles both appreciated the card, thanks little bruv! They've been brought up to appreciate the Mozz :D

I'll speak to the boy about the t-shirt!

beanz said...

belated Happy Birthday

xx

RobW said...

Belated Happy Returns

womble said...

Hi Rob!!! Good to see you!

It's being a good weekend, actually.

Anonymous said...

a belated happy birthday from your baby brother.x Roy

womble said...

Crumbs!!! Another brother!!!