Yes, it's been raining hasn't it? No, I haven't been flooded out but I think I'm going to start shrinking soon. Take Saturday, for instance. I negotiated a lie-in-after-the-social with Mini, so she came here. We went up the High Street at about 11.30am and got soaked. She was remarkably cheery about it although I had to lend her a new set of clothes when we got back. In the afternoon, I cycled over to Shepperton. Got soaked again but had great fun sailing past the traffic tail-back going into Kingston. Shame that my house guest was in the queue somewhere (oops). On goes the third set of clothes which only got slightly rained on when Mini, house guest, forum chum and I went out for noodles.
Yesterday, there was some weather in south London. There was a thunderstorm in central London at the same time which was when I was cycling from work/Crisis to the gym on the South Bank. Tried to dry myself off a bit with the hairdryer in the changing room! Not very professional to drip all over the place, I thought. Then cycled home after. Well, no I think I swam most of the way. At the time I wasn't aware of the previous hailstorm except that at Clapham North when I decided to cycle on the pavement to avoid the lake under the bridge, there was all this 'stuff' in the cycle lane. It was hailstones!!! What fun. I was wondering if I'd have been happier travelling by train but decided not, actually. I'd still have got soaked on the walking bits that I have to do. So I might as well save money and get some exercise done. Trains were probably delayed by the wrong sort of rain anyway! Journey time on a bike varies very little - traffic doesn't make much difference and even the weather doesn't have much of an impact. Wind is worse than anything else, especially the prevailing westerly on the way home. I love the disc brakes on the bike, much better in the wet than normal ones.
So, apart from getting rained on, what else has been happening?
Errrrrr, not much running.
New neighbours are nice and they have workmen in who seem to be pulling the house apart.
I've applied for a job at Crisis, despite the pay. Interview should be Monday if I'm invited.
I've been amused by the responses to the 'lurkers' post and also by the people who haven't responded. You know, I do know who some of you are and I really wonder why you're so interested.
Wednesday, July 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I thought you said at the weekend that you actually are shrinking...?!!
Good luck for Monday..!! (if they offer, which I am sure they will)
:o))
Good luck Wombly!!
Post a Comment