As I write he's still alive and swimming slowly around but I'm going to give it a few days before I'm convinced he's ok. Not sure you can detect brain damage in a goldfish.
Friday, July 20, 2007
It's raining again
And what did I have to do? You won't guess. Rescue Jaws, the biggest goldfish. He'd managed to end up outside the pond after this morning's deluge. I went out into the garden to feed the fish and there he was down the side (where the mini-landslide is for those of you familiar with the layout), gasping. Not that I panicked or anything but I thought he was done for. I thought he was wedged in and I wouldn't be able to get him out. I moved a few cobbles, stuck a plastic bag over my hand and grabbed him. Back in the pond, he lay on his side for a while, re-inflating, there were some air bubbles coming from his gills. Then he righted himself and looked a bit better, although not moving about.
As I write he's still alive and swimming slowly around but I'm going to give it a few days before I'm convinced he's ok. Not sure you can detect brain damage in a goldfish.
As I write he's still alive and swimming slowly around but I'm going to give it a few days before I'm convinced he's ok. Not sure you can detect brain damage in a goldfish.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
hope he's still alive and kicking
awwh, poor Jaws.
Do fish have brains..? Lets hope it doesn't rain quite so much again.
He seems ok today. But they are b*ggers for turning t*ts up and dying without any warning.
A goldfish with t*ts... blimey! Bet thats worth something!
;o)
That's why I rescued him. Innit?
Page 3 goldfish - whatever next ;-)
Post a Comment