Friday, June 01, 2007

Where am I?

Ermmmm. The children have stayed over a lot. Their Dad has been away on business again. I was elected (or not opposed) as Club Secretary at the running club. Been doing gym inductions, which has been good for cash flow. Have been busy at Crisis. My 'boss' has been out of the office the last two days that I've been in, so have been doing tasks and feeling fairly productive. I know they have to fill the post of the person who left recently. It's a shame that it's really a full-time post, otherwise I'd love to try and convince them to let me do it 3 days a week. I really would love to work there. Being in a job where you feel you're doing something useful that helps people would be fantastic. I'm going in for two days next week as it's Square Mile Run week which is very busy.

I've still been cycling in to work. I seem to be far too tired as a result. I must get fitter.

The Bank Holiday was nothing in particular, especially with the weather as it was. However. A friend came over on Sunday. We had noodles and some wine. It was a very lovely evening.

I have gone slightly daft on freecycle this week. I've been taking things off other people. About 200 cassettes for starters. Then 3 videos - 2 x T.Rex/Bolan and 1 x Morrissey. The cassettes look to be quite a good find, some interesting stuff in there. I had a mad moment last week where I got rid of a few things on freecycle, so it's not all take take take.

The rat seems to have gone. Since I saw it and took the photo, I've not heard any more. Perhaps I scared him off. Perhaps he's died in a corner somewhere.

I'm off to my parents' tomorrow. It's Poole 10k on Sunday. Should be a near pw. I'm catching the train with my bicycle! Mum said 'Oh if you don't fancy cycling we'll come and get you'. It's only about 4 miles from the station to where they live, so I hope I'll manage it. That's if I don't get lost.

My head is a bit muxed ip at the mo. I'm working but the whole money thing is still a worry. Two days a week is scraping by. The gym stuff helps. But I really must try and get a job to follow on from this one pretty damn quick. I can't afford another 6 months off. I can't feed the piggy bank right now. I don't know if there is anything else bothering me. Can't work it out.

4 comments:

beanz said...

I am not sure, do you mean it is a 5 day job that they expect to be done in 3 or that you don't want to work full time?

b-z said...

sounds like you havent got time to think

womble said...

The trouble is, a full-time job at Crisis won't pay the mortgage. So, if I was able to do telecoms work 2 days a week and Crisis 3, then I would have enough dosh.

beanz said...

ah I see