Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hmmm it's Wednesday

And so, I was at the club. I relented and did the 'hills' session. I was led, of course, by the only other lady who said "I'm doing 4 not 7 reps" so I joined her. Wasn't so bad, but I couldn't possibly do the 4 at the jolly good effort I did the last of the 7x2 we were supposed to be doing.

Then it was back to the club. I seemed to drink too much and have nasty bike bite on my left calf as a consequence. Oh dear. Ouch. And it's going to hurt on way to work tomorrow.

Of course, I'm not pedalling to Paris at the moment, which a friend is doing. She reached Newhaven today. Seems exercise sitting down is quite easy!!!

7 comments:

beanz said...

"Seems exercise sitting down is quite easy!!!"

Until you try to stand up , I think.

womble said...

I think you're right, beanz. Today's text update at 12.39:

"Bollox to this! x"

Oh dear...

XFR Bear said...

had a further update - H has done 117 miles today.

Well done for gettign down the club Wumbly :-)

womble said...

Thanks for that Bear. My friend's later text in full said:

"117 miles. It hurts. Knees hurt. Very very wet. Soaked. Very hilly again. Stuck in a solid 4 and we got each other home. Ow. Yet awesome. x"

So, might be enjoying it?

b-z said...

blimey
who is this maniac doing this maniac cycle?

Gymfreak said...

OI

i am not a maniac

i am just about in 1 piece. my knees hurt. but only cycling. no boys will be coming near me for a while. but getting to the eiffel tower was AWESOME thank u.

no i wouldnt ever do it again.

errrrr apart from that cycle i'm doing to amsterdam on wednesday....

Gymfreak said...

which of course i wouldnt be doing unless there wasnt 25,000 for a very good cause involved.......