Monday, June 25, 2007

Miscellaneous





"Shouldn't that be on the roof?"


"Yes. I wonder to how get it back up there."



I found that ridge tile in the shrubbery/jungle of the back garden on Saturday. I'd noticed it had gone missing and now I know where it was hiding. Miniwombles and I had a little machete session to try and tidy the garden a bit. We shifted a plant too, we'll have to see if it likes the idea or dies.

To go with baby fish (three are now a nice gold colour) I now have baby worms! Put some food into the wormery this morning and found several tiny worms trying to escape. I persuaded them back in and left the custom-made lid off as they don't like light. Ha ha!

I had a dreadful cold at the beginning of last week. Was surprised I managed to cycle to work on Tuesday. I tried track training on Friday. I won at stretching - the yoga is obviously paying off - but when it came to the speed session I just couldn't breathe. It was like the air wasn't getting very far into my lungs. So I ploddled around. It was running of sorts.

I didn't really have any plans for the weekend apart from the 'gardening' but little bruv suggested going to the Smithfield Nocturne. That was fun! I asked the miniwombles if they'd like to go and off we went. We entered into the spirit of it and cycled to the local station and then took our bikes on the train and parked at Waterloo! I felt they would be safer there than at home. It also gave us flexibility for trains home if we needed it. And no, it did not enter my head to get them to cycle from Waterloo to Smithfield. I don't think Mini would ever get on her bike again if I'd tried that! As you can see, we enjoyed ourselves - this was after the rain!! The good-looking one is Megawomble, Mini is next to Mega (some mistake surely?), yours truly has the Oakley backpack (now belonging to Mini) and the other lovely lady is L, the little bruv's g/f.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fine looking bunch of people!

womble said...

Yes, although someone was missing.....

Cath Delaney said...

Someone was missing...? Surely there is some mistake..?

(he has loads of pics on here why would you want MORE..?)

;o)

womble said...

I think his fan club would like more pics....

b-z said...

lovely photos

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't be so sure that ridge tile is your's wombsy, I have one missing too and it looks suspiciously like the one in your photo, at least it did until it was stolen one stormy evening in February. My word you must be desperate to be out stealing peoples tiles in that kind of weather..

womble said...

How could I possibly steal a tile from an anonymous roof? Especially with my vertigo....

Anonymous said...

Hah, do I really strike you as that much of a fool? I may anonymous but unfortunatley for you my roof tiles are not. I take good heed of the advice given on Crimewatch and have all my posessions invisibly and indelibly marked. This includes my bricks and mortar so be warned should you be considering removing any more of my house and thinking you can get away with it.

womble said...

Well, come round and claim your ridge tile... if you can prove it's yours!