Wednesday, November 14, 2007

That was funny

NOT

I had a gym induction booked for 07.30 so I left the house at 06.00, my legs a little tired but that's nothing new. Approaching Oval station, the lights started to change so I braked. That 'pling' sound happened and I was struggling to stop..... I made it, swore and dragged the bike off to the side to discover that the same (front) brake cable has snapped. Again. Texted gym person with apologies and walked to Vauxhall and got the train home. The brake pads need replacing and the remaining, rear, brake is the one with not much grip so I couldn't possibly cycle back. I had tried to get them sorted on Saturday but the shop had the wrong ones in so it's going to be sorted this week instead. One extra job for them now.

I hate cycling. And bicycles.

Now for a shower, cup of coffee and go back into town. At least I'll get good use of the £9 travelcard today. Induction is re-scheduled for this evening, I might even do some r*nning.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I knew these so-called "bicycles" couldn't possibly work....

beanz said...

yeah give it up - run to w*rk

womble said...

That little bruv, he's lovely you know! Bike is fixed again now (until the next time).

beanz said...

Does little bruv do this http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,2214991,00.html

womble said...

I dont' know, but I was looking at a story on a site he sent me only yesterday which was about the rollaracing thingy. Sounds like grown men (possibly) doing hamster impressions.

[awaits denial from little bruv]

Anonymous said...

Didn't take part but I did go along to cheer on my colleagues. L came along too. On introducing her, a colleague said "You brought your girlfriend to freezing warehouse in Shoreditch?". Well, now you put it like that...

I actually had a chat with Matt Seaton whilst there, really nice guy. There were grown women racing too!

See movingtargetzine.com

beanz said...

mm I quite fancy going to that - shame its London

womble said...

The things that poor girl has to put up with......