The niggly I'm-not-having-a-cold feeling finally beat me on Saturday. Wasn't too bad in the morning but my throat went from tingly to sore to very sore in the course of the evening. "You're not going r*nning tomorrow" I was told. I now have a very husky voice and a nose that has run more than I have in the last few weeks.
Teenagers, eh? Mega apparently got to bed at about 5.30am Saturday morning (at his house by agreement) and Mini's "lie-in until 9am" became "dead to the world" until about 11.30am. So, some shopping, some feeding and they were off again.
Today having not got up to do a r*n, we had a lie-in and finally breakfasted and went for a nice walk instead. The weather was really quite mild after the last week of alternating frost and rain. Unfortunately, we then took bloomin' ages getting back home to mine (SW trains already conspiring against us with engineering works) as the M3 was closed for two junctions just after we'd joined it. I think we pretty much got through all the cds in the car. Lucky for someone I couldn't try singing!
Tomorrow is my day off, so I shall try and do some preliminary job searching and general admin while using up boxes of tissues. The rest of the week will be busy. The weekend starts Friday with the RW London Christmas Social. Plenty of things on Saturday (including a small hangover I imagine), final briefing for COC on Sunday then up to Luton to socialise with the RW marathon teams. Monday is earmarked for a romantic day not in Luton.....
Sunday, November 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
[outs mask over face to keep out germs]
take care
xx
outs ??? = puts
How about a romantic day not in Luton but at the MK Snowdome instead :-)
FF.
Hmm, great minds think alike!
or
fools seldom differ?
well if you are going to MK you must do this as well
www.airkix.com
a special treat for the lover of heights!
Hmmm I'm sure I've seen some pics recently of a forumite doing this. Not sure, really not sure. Looks like you don't go much above head height.
[dithers]
Would anyone sponsor me, do you think?
[perks up]
yes I'll sponsor you :>)
Post a Comment