Friday, November 23, 2007

Ketchup

Ooh it's a few days or so since the last blog entry. Hmmm what's been happening?

Well, the lovely little bruv fixed the brake cable. I took the bike in to the local shop on Saturday for its new brake blocks and mentioned the cable thing. On collecting the machine, they had a theory - that there's a notch on the thing that holds the cable in place and if it's the wrong way round it rubs on the cable and [snap]. Now. Seeing as it didn't break until the new cables were installed and then replaced, it would seem that the only person to connect them up properly has been - tra la - little bruv!!!!!

Crisis continues to be busy busy busy. I've been pondering the 'why do I do this when I'm not paid' thought. It's odd. I think it's along the lines of 'I have enough (just about) money to live on so does it matter where it comes from?'. That is, if I work 3/4 days a week, what is the issue as to whether the money comes from all of those days or only some of them? I may be repeating myself but.... it occurred to me recently that I enjoy being at Crisis. I feel as if I'm achieving something and that it might actually be helping someone's life in a real way, somewhere. Not like my tedious esoteric job in 'regulatory affairs' in a telecoms company. Curious. I don't have to go in to Crisis. No-one can make me. It's V-O-L-U-N-T-A-RY.

The weekend was nice. Children were around, I managed to accumulate an extra teenager for a few hours (Mega's g/f). Frog person stayed over, even if it meant that we did different things on the Sunday, we spent the beginning and end of the day together.

Last week, despite the breakdown I still cycled an awful long way. This week has been low mileage. There was a power cut overnight Monday/Tuesday, it seems a fairly regular occurrence here when the weather is particularly stormy. What it meant was that I lay there on Tuesday morning thinking 'Oh this is nice, I suppose the clock will go off soon', followed by 'Bu**er, it's light'. The clock sat there flashing and the phone wouldn't tell me its excuse. Damn. So I got the train to work.

Got my hair shorn on Wednesday, so I don't resemble my RW avatar quite so closely. The pointy nose is still there, obviously.

Oh yes, I got some flowers at the weekend. Lovely roses.
Smile
Little bruv was back again yesterday, arriving at the same time as le grenouille so they've met now. When I collected the evil machine on Saturday, the gears were all over the place, but then that's quite usual after 'work'. However, on Monday's journeying, the chain kept slipping. I tried fiddling with it in a I-know-what-I'm-doing-really-but-I'm-a-girl sort of way and it was marginally better on the way home. Anyway, verdict was that perhaps the gear cable was a bit slack, so now it's been tightened.

This weekend? Miniwombles are staying over tonight. So not quite so much of a rush in the morning. Mini would like a lie-in but only 'until about 9, not too late' she says. Mega is 'out' at the moment, allegedly at a lecture. That was the story last Friday and it was supposed to be about rocket science although I didn't get any feedback. I'll have to test him tomorrow.

Sunday, we're doing Gosport half marathon. Something to do with team points. This afternoon at Crisis, they asked 'Are you doing anything this weekend?'. 'Oh, a half marathon'. 'Only a half?!' they cry.....

1 comment:

beanz said...

So its a good sign if you don't post - no disasters and lots to keep you busy!
Isn't it lovely when you get flowers :>)