I did a 10k this morning. It was a club Grand Prix event, I wouldn't have done it otherwise. The plan was to cycle there and back but I was hooted by one of our members in his VAN after only a couple of miles, so yes the bike went in the back and I got in the front. I did cycle home though. I've done the race before. It's mostly in a local park, one small loop and two larger ones. A long drag and a short sharp hill to be done twice. I finished in 55.43 which is actually my fastest pace (8m58s/m) of the year bar the one miler in June. Most of my races are longer but I have done 3x5miles, a 5k, a 10k and a just-over-10k. Marathon non-training is obviously the way to go! Mind you, as I was trudging around, I was trying to work out why I didn't break into a walk as I was at the back of the ladies competing for points. As long as I completed I'd still get 6 points! Doh......
People are fussing about cheques being cashed for the London Marathon. Mine has but then it would as I bequeathed it, as usual. Anyway, the nervousness got to me just slightly and on Friday I asked my colleague at Crisis if I could possibly have a place if I needed one (even though I'd not raised The Amount this year). She said "Oh yes, you're counted in the places we've allocated". Strangely enough, after Amsterdam and Beachy Head, I'm currently motivated to do some Proper Training.
Eeekkkkk.
Sunday, November 04, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
schedule??
It's a bit early for that!
Post a Comment