Monday, September 24, 2007

Another Monday already!

You'd think I was a busy person. I don't even work that much. So, a resume of the last week.

Monday
Lounging about recovering from the weekend, some domesticking, r*n at club followed by Committee meeting where I am now Club Sec.

Tuesday
Work and my induction chappy rang and asked nicely if we could re-arrange to another day. I quite welcomed the idea, so said yes, even though it impacts my cash flow. When I do an evening induction it means I have to cycle home when the bus lanes are open to all and sundry and, although it's later and past the 'rush hour', it can be a more difficult ride. The miniwombles were staying so it meant I wouldn't be quite so late getting home for them.

Wednesday
Crisis - spent time investigating all the listings websites for London (and there are a LOT) and finding out how to get the Crisis Carol Service included. Miniwombles stayed again so I didn't go r*nning. Although I did get in a sneaky pint or two at Waterloo.... and put my bike on the train again (this is getting to be a habit!). I still managed to get home before the minis.

Thursday
A frustrating start to the day when people failed to show for a meeting "You didn't tell us which room", "Oh yes I did it was in an e-mail". Grrrrr. Then dashed off to an industry meeting not far from the office. Lowlight was the delivery of lunch which included very smelly hot food of the fish and meat variety, so I spent about 15 minutes trying not to breathe or throw up. Highlight? Don't be silly. Pedalled home like a mad thing to make sure I got there before my guest. We went out for a curry (stop laughing you at the back) and generally had a very nice evening.

Friday
Travelled into town together. I'd been asked if I could help out with something at Crisis, so as I was going to be waking up early I thought I might as well!

Saturday
Miniwomble day as usual except when I arrived at their house Mini asked if I knew that Mega's girlfriend was visiting.... Ha bliddy ha, of course not! He and g/f did pop in briefly in the afternoon to say hello though. Mini and I did usual Saturday stuff, including her falling asleep for a few hours in the afternoon! How much sleep do teenagers need??? Also got some news about arrangements for Sunday changing, which was nice.

Sunday
Up rather early to go on a club r*n at Reigate Hill. It was a memorial event for our club friend. There was a really good turn-out of 27 runners and several other partners and family for what can only be described as a rather severe but exceedingly pleasant 10k(-ish) run. Almost all off-road and only served to show what a superb runner he used to be. Very funny conversation where someone confessed to having been a 'member' of our club for 'about the last hour', tee hee. We joined everyone for a drink at one of those pubs which is all low ceilings and probably fully of history. It's great not being the driver.... After that it was off for food and then to see 'Run Fatboy Run'. A bit thin on some things to do with running but very funny. The child in it was superb, I think he had some of the best lines. It was slightly lower-brow than the films I've seen with Mini this year! I'm rapidly running out of recipes, oh dear, but did my mushrooms in cream sauce thing for dinner, which went down well. A really good day, all in all.















Monday
Got up not too early to wave off the worker. Don't tell anyone, but I might just have gone back to bed.... Monday seems to have turned into my domesticky day. I also decided it's the end of summer, so I took down the gazebo and packed it up to go back into the garage for its winter hibernation. Suddenly the garden looked bigger again. Now, I really should get on with writing up the notes from last Monday's meeting...

8 comments:

beanz said...

nice pic - at least one of you looks like they are running 'easy'

so good to hear you having a good week - apart from the road death buffet of course

Anonymous said...

"easy" is NOT how I would describe that run!

Anonymous said...

So NOW you like curry...? :o)

It is possible to ride a bike after 2 pints. I've managed to ride home in the rain after 5 pints AND a curry!

womble said...

I've ridden home after quite a lot of alcofrol but not from the Waterloo area..... Downhill from Balham was quite easy ;o)

b-z said...

:)

Highway Kind said...

This sounds like a week with nice balance.

If you have decided to like curry try looking for South Indian restaurants - their cooking is mostly vegetarian.

b-z said...

oooooooh
Now South Indian Curries i LIKE

womble said...

I see there's a London curry social being mooted. Better hide....