Monday, September 17, 2007

I like Mondays

I like them when I have a lie-in, not having set the alarm, knowing that lots of people will be having a 'Monday morning' at work. Such was today. My phone beeped at 11.09. I vaguely remembered the radio playing for a while earlier, but the urge to sleep was obviously stronger than any desire to listen to "Unmasking the English" with Andrew Marr.

There had been another good weekend. I had managed to invite the outlaws for lunch on Saturday. They were staying with the miniwombles while the father of the minis is away. I've not really had a chance to chat to the outlaws for ages, so bit the bullet, issued the invitation and they accepted. I cooked - there was real food (Mini had requested 'no sludge'). It all went very nicely and was very friendly. Mega had apparently gone to bed rather late on Friday having done some 'cooking' after he returned from scouts. He then had rugby practice on Saturday morning so, after lunch, he seemed to spend most of the rest of our valuable 'quality time' asleep! Mini managed to help with shopping in the morning and the preparations for lunch. Then, I ushered them from the house in the evening so I could catch my train southwards on my way to the New Forest half marathon on Sunday.

I've done the NF half several times. It's a great race, one of the best. Was lovely to run it in company for a change! Rather warm and I'm sure slightly more undulating than I remember but it was good. So showered and refuelled, we made our way to sunny Surrey for a barbecue with some RW friends. What fun! Our hostess has found out how to tame teenagers into helping with things! Perhaps it was the reward of food that held the key. Anyway, some alcohol and food, general chat and engaging company later we made our way home. Knackered but with a warm glow.

Was another nice weekend. Except 'nice' seems a weak word.


Smile

2 comments:

beanz said...

So pleased it was another good weekend and that you have found some good company for running and other things :>)

I seem to remember you trying to convince me that NF was NOT undulating - despite the course profile!

womble said...

Ooops! Only a little undulating....