I'd decided only to set the clock to make sure I didn't miss the dentist appointment at midday. Woke about 9am which is a bit disconcerting - not doing any good for my reputation of being able to lie-in! Yesterday had been a bit stressy so I was expecting to have a few hours extra snooze.
Didn't do too much in the morning and made it to the dentist ok. She warned that I would have a numb nose as well as mouth for a few hours - I had two little fillings on the back of my top front teeth. And she was right! How peculiar a feeling was a numb nose...
Chatted to my Aussie pal on msn, which was a delight as we haven't spoken recently. She's back in China again, for the beginning of a year's work there. She teaches English as a second language. Was interesting to hear the different approach to learning. She has classes of 120 students, so interaction is a bit tricky. Not the obvious way to learn or refine your language skills, you would think. She's a determined soul, so I'm sure she'll make her mark. She said something to me though, that set the path for much of the rest of the day. We were chatting and she said "I'm glad to hear that you are moving on." And she's right. So right. I was intending to have a bit of a tidy-up but it focussed my mind on particular things.
Didn't do too much in the morning and made it to the dentist ok. She warned that I would have a numb nose as well as mouth for a few hours - I had two little fillings on the back of my top front teeth. And she was right! How peculiar a feeling was a numb nose...
Chatted to my Aussie pal on msn, which was a delight as we haven't spoken recently. She's back in China again, for the beginning of a year's work there. She teaches English as a second language. Was interesting to hear the different approach to learning. She has classes of 120 students, so interaction is a bit tricky. Not the obvious way to learn or refine your language skills, you would think. She's a determined soul, so I'm sure she'll make her mark. She said something to me though, that set the path for much of the rest of the day. We were chatting and she said "I'm glad to hear that you are moving on." And she's right. So right. I was intending to have a bit of a tidy-up but it focussed my mind on particular things.
Now you're going to start thinking I'm a pyromaniac! The height of the flames belies the quantity of what's in there. However, symbolically high enough. I have let go. There is no more stuff to burn. The discarded green/brown foliage went in afterwards.
And these have kept me smiling all week. They've opened out beautifully.
I've done some strange things too, like sew on buttons! There was a growing collection of clothes held together with safety pins which is now all buttoned up again. And a phone call has set the scene for another lovely weekend.
I do hope I don't sound too much like a hippy!

4 comments:
I wanna know what you were burning to make the flames that high
It is nice to see you moving on
:)
lovely
xx
go for it girl, you deserve a lovely weekend xx
Fabulous to hear that you're moving on :-)
Post a Comment