Monday, September 10, 2007

Manic Monday

Well, not really but it's been good so far.

One of the upsides of working part-time is not having to set the alarm clock some mornings when the rest of you are scurrying off to join the rat-race. Now, if the locals didn't make quite so much noise on their way to school I could have a lovely undisturbed Monday morning lie-in. I'm not sure I was completely knackered by the shock of a long r*n yesterday, but I had a good sleep. Had a call from my shift leader at Crisis Open Christmas to chat about plans for this year and to invite me to join the team of 'green badges'. Woohoo, to those of you who don't know about COC, that means I'll be one of the people who is in charge of running a centre while I'm on shift. Lots of smiles here and a certain amount of excited trepidation. Only slight hitch is that the training weekend clashes with Beachy Head. I might be able to join in on the Sunday (like I'll be in a fit state....).

The weekend was great again. Another 'normal' Saturday with the children. Mini demonstrated that she has a wicked sense of humour, can't think where she got that from. We were both in tears, laughing! A home-made vegetarian lasagne arrived in the evening which was very yummy. This had to be worked off next day with the long r*n. We went through Richmond Park at lunchtime, where the London Duathlon was ongoing. It was on the roads which was quite good as it meant there were no cars in the park and fewer people on the paths (as they hadn't been able to drive in...). It was a bit crowded up around the golf course where the competitors' village, start/finish and stuff were but apart from that no real problems. It was slightly on the warm side and a lovely plod of 13.92 miles in good company.

Damn, I almost did training this week - 30 miles of r*n and about 60 of cycling. Cool

3 comments:

Highway Kind said...

I knew that talk of no training was a blind.

By my simple maths: 30 + 60 = a lot.

Pleased to hear how everything sounds so much more positive

beanz said...

ooh you'll be flying in Amsterdam - and still have enough energy to come round with me on the half afterwards :>)

womble said...

See my next post, beanz! I still don't think this counts as training. Not as we know it, Jim.

I'm going to enjoy Amsterdam, marathon or not :o))