Thursday, April 05, 2007

Maundy Thursday

So the Queen has been giving away a few coins somewhere today. We do have some wonderful old customs in this country.

The bank holiday weekend is coming and the weather is really good. I've been enjoying looking at birds flying around the garden. I've managed to identify
Goldfinches so far and Blue tits and/or Great tits. Spring is a lovely time of year, all the trees coming into blossom and the evenings getting lighter. Easter is my traditional time for attacking the garden, allegedly 'gardening' but usually it's more a case of hacking back the plants that don't know they've grown more than I intended when I planted them. I need to thin out all the foliage in the pond too. That is always a smelly job, might keep it for Megawomble. A friend did it last year! Must make sure we don't lose any baby goldfish in the process. I want to rebuild the pond (for a second time) into a proper brick structure. Our local koi centre seems to give advice on these things so I may well pop over there to have a word soon.

I went to the RW social last Friday and got horrendously drunk. Again. I really must do something about this. It was good fun anyway, although there weren't too many folk there. It was nice to be able to all pretty much sit around the same table or two and natter.

I did a good long run on the Sunday with a friend from the running club. We both needed it for confidence-boosting purposes and I think it worked.

I've finally got a starting date for the two day a week job - 16th April. I've also got a second interview for the permanent, full-time post next Thursday. They're hoping to make the final selection at the end of that day. Would be excellent if I got it but.... we'll have to see. I've been printing off various documents from the Ofcom website to do some reading homework, getting myself up to speed on current issues. And, fear not. The printing is on scrap paper I've brought home from Crisis and I'm using 'draft' to save on ink!

My green blogging continues although I'm a bit underwhelmed by comments at the moment. I had thought that might pick up as the blog was featured in last week's copy of the newspaper, but no. I don't care if no-one reads it. Sniff. I'm used to that here......

Rang my Mum a couple of nights ago. I'd had 'you'll never guess what they've done' type text messages from little bruv, so I thought I'd better find out. The answer is in the picture.


Her name is Roxy and she's a Parson Jack Russell and about 13 months old. The one with the glasses is my Dad. I'm pleased he seems to be getting on well with the computer - having taken that picture with the webcam and e-mailed it through. I've sent it on to the miniwombles. I suspect I'll be badgered to make a trip down to see Granny and Grandad sometime soon. [Nothing to do with the dog at all]

Apart from all that, life goes on. Nothing too exciting.

4 comments:

b-z said...

waves

beanz said...

Please could you send megawomble up to do my pond too?

x

womble said...

In the end, it was Miniwomble who helped me. Well, she was watching to see if I fell in! We have 8 baby goldfish :o)

beanz said...

ooh well done on the babies!!