Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Tapering

Ho ho.

I'm enjoying this. I always say to people that in the week after the marathon you're allowed to eat whatever you like. Trouble is, this is also "eat sensibly pre-marathon" week. How to combine the two??

I decided against a joggle at the club on Monday night, as the miniwombles were expected at my house. I was a bit tired too although not creaky. Tuesday morning found me at a (new to me) local hospital with Megawomble for a physio appointment. He has turned his ankle quite seriously a few times and needed to be told what to do to get it sorted. The physio was really good in explaining things, realising that Mega was probably bright enough to understand what was being said. He came away with exercises to do and a return appointment next Monday. I was still smiling at the gorgeousness of the physio chappy...... In the evening, I had a rather wonderful sports massage from the lady who sorted my piriformis last year. At times it hurt, but it was good.

Today, I ventured to the club after run departure time (I'd have missed it anyway, bliddy signalling or something). Chatted avec les folks, collected a couple of vests for the trying on for Sunday and had a fairly jolly evening. And I even went to work. Tonight I sleep in the house accompanied only by the cat, the first time since last Thursday! The council will be taking away my single person discount on council tax at this rate!

Did you know that David Beckham is arranging Alan Ball's funeral? Victoria was being interviewed and said "Well, it's obvious, innit. He's a dead ball specialist."

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

piriformis?

XFR Bear said...

[groans]

Um - my report is done

Good luck for the second one you mad furry critter!

beanz said...

groan from me too!


I am sure you can combine the two eating approaches - you are an expert :>)


x

womble said...

"The piriformis (from Latin piriformis = "pear shaped") is a muscle in the gluteal region of the lower limb."

Piriformis in Wikipedia

Cath Delaney said...

Do you mean the backside..?

;o)

XFR Bear said...

c'mon - where's the report from the second mara??

[drums fingers]

womble said...

Cath's done it on RW.

Cath Delaney said...

Ahem

Tis also on the bloggy thing too.

:o)

womble said...

That's twice I don't need to do it then :o)

Cath Delaney said...

Is this bloggy thing dead now then..?

womble said...

It's resting...

XFR Bear said...

[wanders in and trips over large cobweb]

ditto Caff!