Monday, April 16, 2007

Monday 6 sleeps

Until the first fun run. I did my tapering, last long run yesterday. It was ten miles sandwiched between two bike rides of about 10k. It was rather hot, I do hope it will be a lot cooler next Sunday. Otherwise, it will be hell. Looks like I'll have a pretty full house, so that should add to the fun!

Other than the run, it was a bit of a funny weekend. A close friend dropped in on Saturday. It was nice to see her but not in those circumstances. Another friend wasn't at all well. Honestly, you'd think I was everyone's Mum!

The ones I am Mum to I spent varying amounts of time with. Mini had her hair cut on Saturday and it looks lovely. Mega turned up late and tried to settle to some revision. It didn't last long with the noise from next door's trampolining terrors coming in through the open window. He went home but returned to be fed! We all (three plus friend) went out for noodles, a place we like unanimously. Friend and I also went for a walk in Richmond Park in the afternoon. Once again, it was really busy. Where are all those people when the weather is rubbish, hah?

More time spent talking to friends, new and old. Overall, it wasn't too bad.

3 comments:

beanz said...

will see you at Mile 17, all being well

Highway Kind said...

Hi Karen

Good luck on Sunday. Now you have done your hot weather training you should have no problems.

b-z said...

see you on sunday

maybe on 2 sundays in a row