Monday (last week!) - I managed a little run, nothing special but I got out there. Pace was ok. In the evening, Miniwomble brought round my Mothers' Day present (please let's not quibble about that apostrophe). I knew she'd made me something but I couldn't remember what. Anyway, in two parts it was: a keyring in metal, in the shape of my initial and, a low energy lightbulb! I pointed out that not many people would get one of those for a present and she said "Not many people are like you". I suppose that might be a compliment..... Made me smile.
Tuesday - I stuffed what seemed like 3 million envelopes during my day at Crisis. It was the mailing out for our Easter appeal to churches. I think I came away with RSI of various parts of my body! I had chips by way of a reward to myself then remembered I'm not supposed to be eating them. Oh dear. Some teenage traumas developing on the phone meant I had to do some concentrated cramming for my interview on Wednesday.
Wednesday - I'd tried to prepare what I was going to wear but still managed to be rushing about in the morning. Amazingly, the suit I'd thought would be a touch tight fitted ok. Putting tights on was almost a new experience I've not worn them for so long. As for mascara..... I got there on time and had a good meeting. It was a get-to-know-you session rather than a formal, technical interview. We seemed to get along well, in fact the Potential Boss even walked out of the building with me as he was going to the post office. The next stage won't be until after Easter. I would hope I'll get that far. My third post on the Green Blog went up too.
Thursday - Yoga again in the evening. The tutor said it would be fine to bring Miniwomble along with me this week for a taster session. Mini has already said that she will go to yoga with me next term but still wanted to have a try-out. This week should be fun! I enjoyed it yet again, I've started using one or two of the moves as stretches after running.
Friday - a nice peaceful evening in on my own. The minis had been staying over on Wednesday and Thursday nights as their Dad was away on business. This was my breathing space before them returning for another four nights as he was off again on Saturday morning. I bought some alcohol. Had an unexpected call from someone who has become a dear friend over the last year or so. It was great to have a catch up. I'd also had a call from the man about the 2 day a week job, saying he had submitted requisite paperwork in triplicate to HR and was awaiting the answer. He's said he wants me to start next week. Eeek!
Saturday - Megawomble was out so Mini and I had a girly day. We missed getting to Kingston in time for the film we wanted to see (her fault not mine!), so whiled away a couple of hours in Bentalls! Yes, I know, not me at all. Even worse, I ended up a buying a cardigan-type thing. In a gold/mustard colour with beads down the front and on the cuffs. Simple but I could see it being a useful item. It was in the sale too. We sampled some chocolates and even had a free glass of champagne (me) and orange juice (her). Mini wanted to go into the art gallery bit at the top of the shop and there was a personal appearance on along with nibbles and bubbly. Nice. We finally got to see "Becoming Jane" which we both enjoyed.
Sunday - the clocks having changed my 'meet at the club at 07.30' was of course really 06.30. Another Grand Prix event, this time combined with the option of doing either 15 or 21 miles. I'd already decided. I set off with two of the other four women from our club, dropping one fairly early on. It was nice to run with someone and we stuck together until 10 miles when I managed to lose her. Careless. I thought she was having a gel and would catch up again but never did. I'd been going fairly well so I was really trying to keep going. The last mile in this race is a killer as there's this lovely long drag in it. I so wanted to walk on that. Any how, my pace was 9.49 - exactly the same as for the half marathon two weeks before and my split at half M was actually 34 seconds faster. So, a pretty damn good run considering how it all is at the moment. It was 5.48 faster than the same race last year too. Anti-training, it's the new way! After a pint back at the club, I got home to find Mini doing her homework but I guessed she hadn't really been up that long and Mega wasn't even there. He'd rung late on Saturday night after his day trip asking if he could stay at their house as he was so tired. He finally turned up during The Archers, saying it was Sunday so he'd been asleep! Teenagers......
Today, I've managed to do a super fiendish sudoku.

2 comments:
sounds like a good week then
xx
indeed it does
:))
Post a Comment