Thursday, March 08, 2007

Stuff and things

Feel like I've been busy, not sure if I have or not.

Monday I was very good and methodically went through zillions of websites looking for jobs. I found one and a place where I could send a CV on spec. The job I did find is in environmental policy at one of the utility regulators, closing date was Wednesday so I had to get the covering letter done and posted on Tuesday. I actually ran, too. Not very fast as I was with the snails at the club, but I managed to do it, which was good. Found out I'd won £100 on premium bonds too, very handy.

Tuesday was spent at Crisis again. I was ringing loads of local authorities trying to book permits for street collections. Very industrious once more.

Wednesday started badly with a text message about a car accident. Fortunately, not anywhere near as bad as it could have been. These things are a wake-up call though and a reminder that cars are the most commonly used weapons. Had latest round of arguments with Pipex, my ISP. Wrote suitably stroppy letter and posted it off, cc. the Chief Executive. Wednesday is club night and first Wednesday is handicap, not that I ever do it (3 miles flat out bleurgh). The new members on the committee are trying to turn handicap night into more of a social evening and get more people to stay. There was promise of cake too, following a couple of birthdays so I went up there. I ran on my own, daft as it's club night but it's something I've done before. My run went quite well, did 6.89 miles and the cake was nice.

Thursday started badly too. Perhaps I shouldn't answer or check my phone until the afternoon or something nice has happened first. I didn't get the maternity cover job. My mate in the company was quite funny. She responded to my text to her with "And worse yet, we've just been told. It's [Fred Bloggs]! Nightmare!" tee hee. Things started to improve a bit after that though.

My first green blogger post was published. A new career beckons...... I bit the bullet and rang the chap about the other maternity job. His voicemail sounded like he was on leave, so I texted him, apologetic and desperate. Got a nice, positive response and he's going to ring me on Monday. The offices are round the corner from Crisis so I could pop in to see him on Tuesday if needs be. It's two days a week, but better than nothing. I didn't run. Have got period pains. Not unusual, you might think, but it is for me. It's the first since coming off the pill. Upside was that it took 31 days to arrive. Roll on the menopause.

Tomorrow, I think I shan't look at my phone or answer it until about lunchtime. What do you reckon?

4 comments:

b-z said...

sounds like positive progress to me actually

all of it
x

XFR Bear said...

oooh I like the green blog!!

Can't believe you've still called yourself WOmble though!!

Our bin peeps take cardboard

womble said...

Thanks, b-z. I shall assume that the clock on blogger suddenly had a blip this morning and put the wrong time on your post!

Ermm, Beary. My name is Womble, so that's what I used :o)

b-z said...

no, i was up writing job appo stuff
time was real

got up at 2.30 am