Saturday, March 03, 2007

Eclipse

Wasn't it great? Thanks to dandan for the wonderful pictures.

So Thursday was blue, Friday I definitely wasn't in love. Got to the Job Centre and the lady asked how it was going and I made this noise, a kind of exasperated sigh, and said "I wish it were going better".


The miniwombles stayed over Friday night, eventually. I seemed to be the only person who either (a) remembered or (b) had been told. Perhaps I shouldn't have said anything? Had an interesting conversation with Mini about something I'd heard on Radio 4 about whether you can be your child's best friend. The discussion had also hinted that perhaps parents tried to do this more in the single/absent parent scenario. She gave a couple of examples from her experience, which were quite funny. That might just be her, of course!

Today, we did shopping once I'd finally prised her from her bed. Mega had got up early to go to school for a Concept II contest against the local girls' school. He seemed pleased enough with how he'd done, especially considering he's only been rowing for a few weeks. Mini also ventured into Kingston (evil place) in search of a cover for the new big duvet. We eventually settled for a stripey throw to put over it and a duvet protector thing to put it in. And a couple of new pillowslips to match the slightly changed colour scheme. Nothing too exciting, just being together.

I've calmed a bit since Thursday. I don't know how I can be so bad one day and not so bad the next. One funny point at yoga: the teacher pointed me out as "One of those annoying people who turn up and can just do things"!!!! I think she meant one particular move, not yoga in general! Tomorrow, I may try to r*n again. Don't tell anyone.

1 comment:

beanz said...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx