So I got as far as naming this post a few days back. That was all. Bit symptomatic of where I've been. Ho hum.
Did a half marathon last Sunday, it was our club's championship race and a Grand Prix event so I got some points (mostly because only four women showed up). I was marginally faster/less slow than the other two halves I've done recently. This non-training is obviously paying dividends. I really have lost my running confidence. Club is pissing me off. I made myself go up there on Monday and Wednesday this week and got so annoyed on Wednesday that I cut my run short and headed back. It's all club politics, not worth spending time on here. I need someone to go out running with me. Various friends have been ill or injured. There's another race next week, so that'll be some more miles. I need to get sponsorship going properly too.
Didn't get the job to cover a friend's second maternity leave. So I chased up another, 2 day a week, maternity contract. Met the chap on Friday and I've got it, subject to HR getting their arses in gear before mother-to-be returns to work. Found another, permanent, full-time job of exactly the sort of thing that I do, online so whacked in my CV application. That HR person rang me within a couple of hours which was a bit of a shock. Anyway, I now have an interview lined up on Wednesday. Eeekkk. Bliddy hell, better iron something, do some homework....
The day each week at Crisis continues to be a highlight. At least with the 2 day a week job I'll be able to carry on doing that.
I've sold my final set of coins on ebay and posted them off so no more spare cash finding its way through. Not sure that one gym induction a week and Job Seeker's Allowance of £57.45 is quite enough to live on. Shopping yesterday, I bought the 'value' or whatever it is brown bread in the supermarket (29p for a loaf I think it was). Miniwomble pleaded with me not to start buying everything 'value'!
Sunday, March 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
bloody good news on the jobs though
Jobs -- excellent. Now stop procrastinating and get on with the bliddy interview prep. Anyhow, 2 days in the mean time if you don't get the full time one is okay. Innit..?!
Running -- I so wish I didn't know what you mean. We can walk around Shakespeare if you like, just like a couple of ladies on our leisurely walk. No...? Okay. But I'm not running unless you do!
Bluedays/generalblueness -- hug** I know. Wish I didn't. It'll get better eventually. It has to. Sometimes things bite your arse when you least expect it to and the general day-to-day shite doesn't help either... but on the whole, life can be pretty good. We just have to see it. We have good friends for a start huh..?!
:o))
{{{}}}
x
Request to the Wombledon management for a new blog post please. Some of us is blogless and would like new blogmagic to catch up with. Thankyou.
:o)
ditto!
congrats on the job btw :oD
Post a Comment