So, yes, I have a contract. However, they want me either to work through an umbrella company or set up as a limited company. Strangely, I have this healthy resistance to paying people to do straightforward stuff I should be able to do myself. On the other hand, the government has so many rules to know, understand and comply with that it seems impossible to set up without taking professional advice. And paying for it. As a result, I have spent today reading websites of umbrella agencies, speaking to their people, reading terms and conditions and trying to interpret for myself whether it is necessary to opt-out of Regulation 32 paragraph (9) of The Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003. I think I understand what it's trying to do but when I rang the HR/Recruitment person I got her voicemail. Let's hope I remember what I think I thought it says when she returns my call!!!
On a completely different subject, have you any idea what a 75m roll of bubblewrap looks like? I do, now. I also know it's possible to transport one on the back of your bike. Tee hee. And only £15.99. The roll is slightly smaller now, I've been busying storing stuff up in the newly floored loft! Space, the final frontier. Especially in this house!
Hardly any running this week. My hip, the one I laughingly say I'm saving up for the replacment on, has been niggling. Did some 'lamp post' speed work with the snails on Monday and that seems to have upset it. Grrrrr. Marathon. What marathon? Let alone 15 or 21 this Sunday.
Thursday, March 23, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
oh dear
just be sensible
Thanks. But is that 'Leon' sensible, 'b-z' sensible or a sensible I haven't heard of......?
Last night the hip was feeling a lot better than the previous day so I'll see how it is later on this afternoon/evening (while "Sensible Leon" is running home after 12.5 hours on his feet).
:o)
PS would you like some of my bubblewrap?
Post a Comment