Despite meeting with my friend and her boss, apparently this wasn't a 'formal' interview. TG for that as my preparation had been a bit informal! I wondered if criticising the company website was the best approach right up front but the boss said I wasn't the first to make the comment. Phew. Anyway, was nice and friendly. Was almost like they were trying to sell the job to me. I think the most probing question I was asked was what aspect of the job I was most looking forward to!
Had a little chat with friend after and she said it was all fine. She followed up with an e-mail, with quite reasonable daily rate for a 5 month, full-time contract. We're going to talk further on Monday. They even coped quite well when I mentioned the jury service! Contract would start in about a month's time.
I also signed an NDA with other chum who I met yesterday. [Non-disclosure agreement]. So looks like he thinks I can do some work with him too. This last seven days has gone ridiculous to the apparently sublime. We'll see.
And what have I learned from all this about finding a job? Basically, sit at home and wait for someone to ring up and offer me a job. It's worked for the last two years now..............
Friday, March 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
See, told you things would turn around sooner or later! Glad things are looking up and your blog's back. Megawomble's bike still in one piece? x
excellent!
mwah!
sits back and takes notes
riggght
Hey u!! Fabby news!!!
Post a Comment