Sunday, March 12, 2006

Update

So here's what's been going on. Not much. I am unemployed - officially - for the first time in my life. 'Signing-on' was not as traumatic as some people had said it would be. Did the first bits on the phone. Haven't had any of my weekly £56.20 yet though.

With basically no money coming in, decided to get cracking on ebay. It's going alright so far, but I'm only selling stuff I've got. I'm not going to get into wheeler-dealing.

Running is crap. Think my state of mind may have something to do with it. It's very difficult to find the motivation or enthusiasm to get out there. Especially when the weather has been so grotty too.

The lovely Leon is still lovely and looking after me. But please, has someone got a job?


The Melbourne Commonwealth Games start this week. I had intended to go, take in the Games and meet up with my friend again. Made a decision a while back to defer to next year so we can both go. Still makes me think that I could be in the warmth of Oz at this moment........

4 comments:

beanz said...

welcome back - was going to email you with a hug

so here it is {{}}

sorry things are tough on the job front - it seems those of us in work are working too hard and those out need a job - why can't the work be shared more evenly?

x

b-z said...

Big hug to you my love


now then
about the job thing


could you get something menial just to get you out of the house?
Im only saying cos i went trhough this with hubby, and it really destroyed him not working.First he would only apply for jobs similar to the one hed taken redundancy form-bad market-and he didnt get anywhere
he got really dpressed, and only started to come out of it aftet a few weeks X mas work in the post office follwed by a temp job in the inland revenue
you see-the day to day socail bits of work are really important too
i am worried about my 6 months off for that reason, but Im in a different postion to you i suppose
just think about it
Hubby also did voluntary work as a teaching assistant for a bit

womble said...

Hey thanks both of you :0)

RobW said...

Nice to have you back.

I'd agree with b-z get a simple straightforward job. Stops you from falling into any bad habits. As the old maxim says "It's easier to get a job when your in a job"