Sunday, January 01, 2012

Now, where was I?

Crumbs, last post on 11 December. I may well break this down into a few chunks or you'll get even more bored than usual.

Melanie arrived safely, although I tried to go to Gatwick several hours too early. Fortunately, I only got as far as Hammersmith the first time as the trains were completely up the creek. We had a great week together before she went off on her big trip around Europe. She did some touristing and we took her out on some cultural events - stand up comedy at the football club (we were on the front table eekkk) and a Christmas lunch with a group of around 25 friends all of whom made her really welcome. The lunch was on a boat moored at Richmond but the tide was low so we were sort of marooned. The organiser had warned not to wear best shoes in case it was one of those days where you have to paddle along the footpath. I've had a text from her today, she's in Italy today, leaving for Austria tomorrow. She's with us again for about another 11 days before going back to Australia on the same day that we go on holiday (whooppee).

Work, of course, was busy. Although it seems like a long time since I was there. On the other hand, yesterday was the first day that I haven't seen work and Crisis friends since I don't know when!

No comments: