Sunday, January 08, 2012

Shopping anxiety?

We went for a walk this afternoon, which we often do. Off through the park and over to Mike's daughter's house to drop something off. Only 3.83 miles there which makes you realise how close by they are (although it's a lot further by road!). We then went into the huge Asda next to where they live and a strange thing happened. Although we were only going in for a loaf and I had to do nothing except follow Mike as he knows the layout of this shop, I started to feel unwell. The horrible anxious feeling swamping me, something engulfing my head in a tight fug. I had to go and wait at the exit while he paid. We tried to work out what it is about this situation that so upset me. Was it the crowds? Probably not as I cope with football and crowded trains fine. Was it the unknown shop? Possibly although even while it was happening I was trying to tell myself it wasn't important that I didn't know where stuff was. Anyhow, it's all very peculiar and not nice.

The walk continued and I improved out in the fresh air. The deer were wonderful today. Gathering in huge numbers in their respective herds at different points in the park. The parakeets were noisy as ever but seem so much brighter in colour when there are no green leaves to hide them. It was dark for the last part of the walk (10.4 miles) with a full moon and a slightly cloudy sky. We looked out from the hill, at London and the Shard all brightly lit, then over towards the west to Heathrow and far beyond. You can see so much more when the trees are bare. It's not so bad living in the capital.

Except when you have to use the District Line. I've claimed two refunds this week (when your journey is delayed by more than 15 minutes) and two other journeys were not good. Let's hope it's more awake this week.

After the total confusion of Crisis at Christmas week, when we didn't know what day it was let alone whether we'd had a drink (and we didn't drink every morning!), this week contained four AFDs, so that's not too bad.

I have eight applications for the post of righthandperson to go through. Hopefully we'll be able to interview later this week and pick the lucky person who gets to work with me.

Two weeks to our holiday. Must book the cattery....

No comments: