I have finished the first pack of anti-depressants (30 days). I'm sure they're helping me feel better although I was concerned if the dose was high enough. After my first blip, blogged earlier, I was starting to feel ok. But then, when I woke up to go on my first shift for Christmas I felt absolutely dreadful, very stressed and physically unwell. This was completely unexpected. Yes, I was going to be at a new centre but I didn't know I had been worrying about it. This did ease off once I was settling in and doing stuff but it concerned me. I shall return to the doctor later in the month. I'll be able to report back on all my other appointments by then too. Work will not be easy as righthandperson will be joining her new team on Tuesday and one of my temps is leaving a couple of weeks early as she's managed to get a real job.
I was brought down to earth by a totally unexpected phone call, making my whinges look totally trivial. The children's father is ill and will take some time to recover. I have to do my best to be there for them.
In good news, my Dad, who has had a pretty poor couple of years health-wise, says he feels the best he has done for ages.
Tomorrow sees our belated family seasonal meal, with all the children and various partners bringing the total to nine for lunch. Mike is complaining that he can't cater for such small numbers. It will be lovely to catch up with everyone.
Football is still rubbish.
I looked back at my 'training' log for the year:
cycling 1002 miles
walking 285 miles
running 27 miles
That is more encouraging than I feel about the year. I did a lot of walking early on as I decided to walk London Marathon due to the ongoing arm problem. I only started cycling again in June. 'Running' is the weak subject. The 27 miles included the Royal Parks Half Marathon so you can see how much training I did.
If I make any resolution for the New Year, it will be to get back into running. I think the other, if there is one, will be to have fewer medical appointments.
And a Happy New Year to you all. It is going to be a brilliant year with the Olympics and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee as well as anything else that turns up.
Sunday, January 01, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment