The trouble with visitors is that you really do need to try and make the house look nice. As if you always keep it clean and sparkling. So today has been spent bent over the Dyson, changing bedding, threatening the cat and generally waving a damp cloth about. Tomorrow morning, our Australian friend arrives, the number 2 daughter of my best 'mate'. It'll be lovely to see her and catch up on family stuff. I'm even taking the whole day off work! Unfortunately, there's another [ahem] scan in the afternoon to check if the now-you-see-it-now-you-don't cyst is still there. Or not.
Having got back to 'normal' on day 5 and starting to feel a fraud on day 6, I slipped up on day 7. Something happened at work, an unexpected thing to proof read which also raised questions of what was expected of my team (with no notice or support) and I could feel myself stressing. Within the space of about two hours I went from 'ok' to going home. Although I got over the 'issue' itself, I had this all pervading sense of something washing over me, and my head tingling in a strange way. This then hangs around. Not good. Before the onslaught, I had booked an appointment to see the doctor on Friday morning, so that was already lined up.
I saw the doctor to check on blood test results (ok - kidney function slightly low but nothing to worry about) and get top ups of the anti-depressants and hormones. I explained I was going to be busy from 22 December and had no idea if or when I might be able to get back to the surgery until the New Year. Doctor almost put the words into my mouth when I described the 'spaced out' feeling so I presume that means it was nothing unusual. He did say my 'blinky' eyes would be nothing to do with the tablets though, so I'll have to think about that! I forgot to mention the on-off migraine that's been lurking over the last week. I get them when stressed anyway, so I don't think it's related to the drugs. Good news is that paramol finally seemed to kick it into touch yesterday (fingers crossed).
Mind you, after football in the afternoon, I nearly had another headache. What are they upto at the moment? It was the worst match for a long time.
Yesterday evening was the Crisis Carol Service at Southwark Cathedral. Not something I would normally go to but Mike was singing in the Choir With No Name and I'd been asked if I could go along and help. I've been helping on publicity and ticketing so went along. I didn't see any of the service itself but it all seems to have gone very well. I did enjoy the mince pie and wine refreshments (all donated) afterwards. They helped me tidy up so much more easily!
Sunday, December 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment