Monday, December 05, 2011

Ooooohh

I went to the doctor's on Friday. This whole nonsense of tears, anxiety, panic attacks has been going on for too long. He said "How can I help you today then?" and I burst into tears, resulting in a shocked look on his face. We talked and he prescribed an anti-depressant (seroxat) and some beta-blockers (for use as and when - probably when about to go in a car on a motorway!). He also ordered blood test for thyroid levels, FSH and calcium.

Second good story about Kingston bloods clinic. I got there and took my deli counter ticket and mine was the next number! Last time the woman didn't quite hit the spot and I was twitching like fury. Friday the young man did so well I didn't even feel anything. I gave him some nice, positive feedback.

Today is the fourth day of taking the seroxat and I'm sure it's making me feel really weird. Kind of spaced-out, strange sensation. I fought off a migraine on Saturday. Took loads of painkillers which meant I still had the funny taste in my mouth, numbness to my face but no pain! I had a conversation with my boss today about how I am. I said I needed to take things as they come for the moment, but having finally gone to the doctor signalled something to myself about the whole situation. He was very good, work is only work, it will get done sooner or later, not to worry etc etc. Joked that he'd even managed to take a couple of phone donations on Friday!

Life, eh?

On the other hand, I e-mailed Mega and Mini demanding an update on their busy student lives and they both sent back funny, interesting, lovely stories and anecdotes. Awwww

Oh, four AFDs despite wanting to sink the odd bottle of wine.

No comments: