At the end of 2006, I wrote this for the coming year. So what happened?
Get a grip on my life - well, possibly/probably. Things have improved greatly that's for sure. I can still get angry though and I want to stop that, it's not healthy.
Get a job - I did but now I need another one. Not sure that two days a week for 37 weeks counts as a whole job anyway, my maths makes it more like 28%.
Do a half decent marathon - surprisingly enough, in the year of no training I managed this one. I was astounded at my 4.27 in Amsterdam. Don't know how it happened but it was really good.
Try some more interesting food - ok this developed in an unexpected direction. I toyed with some new ingredients and 'recipes' and then along came someone else to do the cooking sometimes and convince me that 'curry' is not always evil.
Read more books - hmmm, I may have more books but I don't suppose I really read more. I am in my usual situation of having a few books that I started but never finished. I don't know if this is because I read non-fiction so there's no story line to complete or what. I tend to start, get the hang of what it's all about, browse and then stop. Eventually, the book is dusted off from the living room floor or bedside table and put on the shelves. I did read Harry Potter, does that count?
And so for 2007, which is already 1/12 gone?
Running - I think I'll try for decent marathon time again. There are two chances at this already booked in to the diary: London and Dublin.
Get a job - well, I need one so best put this on the list. Preferably a permanent position.
Hmmmm, not sure what else. Be nice to frogs?
I do know that certain things will happen this year anyway. Like Megawomble going to university - eek that makes me feel old. My Mum is 70 this month and then in April it is my parents' Golden Wedding anniversary. Two family get-togethers on the horizon.... The Beijing Olympics will be fascinating, I'm sure. The insight from my Aussie friend in China is already very interesting.
Other than that??? I think it will be a good year.
Thursday, January 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
It was a good year last year and yes, 2008 will be a good year :>)
Hmmmmmmmmmmm
I'm not sure I believe in that kind of goal-setting exactly.
Post a Comment