Monday, January 21, 2008

Job interview

I have a job interview on Wednesday morning. An interview for a real, full-time, permanent job thing. It's with one of those energy companies (it used to supply Big Gas). It's a regulatory role like what I've done in telecoms for the last umpteen years, and it's also supporting the green agenda. I really like the sound of it. Trouble is, how much do I know about the energy industry right now: less than I will by Wednesday morning....... There's a whole new load of acronyms to remember, new 'issues' to consider.

Oh and the interview will be competency-based so I've got to pretend to be competent too, haven't I? Actually, I think it means I have to prepare lots of smart answers to questions like "Can you give us an example of how you sorted out a such-and-such situation?". The answer is usually I smile sweetly and ask people nicely....... I think.

Panic? YES.

5 comments:

beanz said...

Scary - and exciting!

Good Luck

Anonymous said...

YOU don't need to "pretend" to be competent....

womble said...

LOL

But but but......

Highway Kind said...

Best of luck.

I hope they recognise your qualities (as well as your competence).

Anonymous said...

The gasman cometh....




good luck!