I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride my bike
I want to ride my bicycle
I want to ride it where I like
That's if it will stop breaking. Grrrr.
So I had a puncture last week on the way to work. Yesterday, I thought I'd have to admit I was being smug about my legs being fine after Clarendon as my ride to work was so sluggish. What hadn't occurred to me was that I'd GOT ANOTHER BLIDDY PUNCTURE. Which I discovered when I went down to the parking bay to unlock the steed and make my way home. Fortunately, the bike shop round the corner was still open and they sorted it for me. Now, yes, I can change a tube but I wanted to know if I'd left some debris in the tyre so that the same thing had caused the second hole. Not sure that I know the answer but apparently there was a piece of glass involved.
This morning, I had a gym induction booked for 8am. Off I pedal. As far as the main road, when PLING something 'happens' to my front brake. Walk the thing back home. Call the potential inductee (who I suspect I woke) to say we'll have to re-book. Swear. Go back to bed. Take the culprit to my local bike shop and they advise the brake cable has broken. Which is not good, considering the 'work' bike shop replaced the cables less than four weeks ago. I've found the receipt for that and will be taking today's in to them for a discussion tomorrow.
I remember there was a thread on RW once about what you call your bicycle. I responded "Bliddy Bike". I don't think I've changed my mind!
And breathe.......
Late edit
I collected the fixed bicycle and went up the High Street. On the way I realised I'd forgotten my lock but decided I'd speak nicely to the shop I was aiming for and they'd let me park inside. Which they did. What they didn't have was what I was looking for. Following a quick discussion with sales assistant chappy about my quest, he advised me that Kingston was 'too far' for me to go! Hmmmm that'll be about 2.5 miles then.

8 comments:
Have ridden from Croydon to Hammersmith twice in the past week to fix L's punctures. Don't mind at all but first time I had to leave my pint... :*(
That is serious. I hope she was grateful.
oh no not AGAIN!
: - (
Lawn needs cutting.
I always find that bike problems happen in clusters - it makes them all the more frustrating.
Brake cable snapping is strange and dangerous. You must have an amaziongly strong grip!
PS it's Monday
so what happened on Monday?
"I don't like Mondays...."
This is more a less a reapeat of a message I posted on Beanz's blog
could you email me on my saacrificial email of joe.bright@ntlworld.com (not my name)
so we can make some arrangements for meeting
thanks
Post a Comment