A good friend of mine has been cycling from Land's End to John O'Groats. She is a determined soul and a great endurance athlete. She can't run anymore (she's been told not to) but she can, and does, cycle. As in, the odd 100 mile sportive on a Sunday. Every week. I've been keeping contact with her each day of her ride. She wasn't going for record-busting but a relatively gentle 12-13 days expedition, unsupported. One 'detour' (she's crap at navigation) and one day of near-hypothermia meant she lost only one day on her original schedule and arrived at JOG on Friday after 13 days of pedalling.
I felt very proud of her in my own way. It was funny to be re-living my own attempt, on foot, at the challenge. Made me feel even more determined to conquer that demon. I'll never do it by bike though!
In the meantime, there are a few other 'life' things to sort out, but we'll get there.
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment