Wednesday, October 19, 2011

G'day mate!

I was at the Australian High Commission today. It's in the middle of the Aldwych/Strand traffic madness, along with the BBC World Service at Bush House and the Indian Embassy. It's a glorious building, all marble, panelling, highly decorated ceilings, swooping staircases. There's probably a name for it but I don't know what it is. "Colonial embassy-ism" or something. Great place, anyway. It made me yearn for my second home and think that I really should start planning my next trip. A consolation is that one of my adoptive daughters from down under is visiting for a few days just before Christmas, so there's that to look forward to. Not that I know which house we'll be in or anything helpful like that!


I resisted wearing thongs or any Australian t-shirts, we'd been warned to dress up slightly from our normal office attire. In an effort to be a touch smarter (less scruffy) than normal, I tried on my 'best' jeans and blow me they fit! Usually, these are the 'tight' jeans. All that cycling must be working. Or the lycra in the jeans has broken.

Just been for a look back at my last trip :D

No comments: