Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Traffic chaos!

I left the office about 5.15 or so as usual. Onto the one-way race track just outside and it wasn't too bad. Seemed fairly normal until I got to London Bridge. It seemed the traffic lights just north of the bridge weren't working. It meant that, on a bike I could wheedle my way through. Much to the disgust of the driver who hooted the chap who let me through! But that wasn't it. Oh no. It was complete and utter chaos, madness and stationary confusion like I hadn't seen from a bike perspective before. At Stockwell, waiting at the lights (yes, I do stop) I asked a fellow pedaller if he knew why it was so bad and he said no, but it was the worst he'd ever seen too. This continued until about Clapham Common, then it was a touch better although now, strangely, it seemed a bit quieter than normal!

It can be quite fun on days like this. You get to sail past an awful lot of cars, vans, trucks and so on. Thank heavens for bus lanes.
Bike Riding

3 comments:

Highway Kind said...

I don't know if it accounts for everything but two cars crashed outside MI6 and I think they went into security lockdown mode around Vauxhall Cross

beanz said...

hope you don't stand on your pedals 'no hands' like that!

womble said...

HK, that would make sense. The traffic was incredible. I got home faster than any motor vehicle would have done.

beanz, you should know me well enough to know that I have to be completely still with at least one foot on the ground before I can take a paw off a handlebar!