Monday, May 07, 2007

Teenagers.....

Their father was away, so Mega and Mini were scheduled to stay at my house on Saturday night. They usually spend Saturday with me anyway but go home after tea. Mega's girlfriend had come up to see him for the day so I wasn't expecting him until the evening sometime. He texts me just before 9pm to say he's on his way home from seeing girlfriend to Paddington. About 11.30pm, I rang him to see if he was going to appear or stay at his house. He's feeling settled so he's going to stay there. My last words "Don't stay up all night on the computer, will you." (See, I can be parental at times)

At 3.46am my mobile rang.
"Is it ok if I still come round to sleep at yours"
"Err yes, of course, I'll unlock the door"
"I can't find my keys. Can you stay up for me? I'll be about 10 minutes or so."

So, I start panicking thinking he's split with g/f or something and hasn't been able to sleep. No, it turns out he stayed up watching recorded tv programmes and finally realised he didn't want to stay in the house on his own.

I know. I know. This is nothing compared to what a lot of people go through. But ringing your Mum at 3.46am???? I can guess what mine might have said.

9 comments:

beanz said...

good to hear from you

x

XFR Bear said...

knowing you, you were probably up then!


;o)

b-z said...

I think i might have said a few choice words

Cath Delaney said...

LOL!!!

I'm so glad I wasn't there! You know, it could be worse, he could have been rip-roaring drunk and throwing up all over the place...bless him!

:o)

XFR Bear said...

like mother like son, eh Caff?


;o)

[ducks]

Anonymous said...

I remember returning home late one night without my key. I slept on the patio for the night rather than risk waking anybody up. Kids today etc... :o)

womble said...

Ah yes, but if he'd been rip-roaring drunk etc I would have suggested he stay where he was :o))

XFR Bear said...

Would have thought you'd be used to having rip-roaring drunk peeps over at your place Wumbly ;o)

womble said...

But Beary, you've never stayed at my house.