So this morning, after recent reminiscing, Radio 4 told me about the closest finish to the Melbourne Cup in who-knows-how-long. More memories, just.
I left work early today for a women's appointment at Kingston hospital. Women of a certain age, I should point out. I knew I shouldn't have rushed when I went into the waiting room and every time someone was called there was an apology for "the wait". My apology was first class though, the consultant called and said they didn't have my notes and were trying to get them, so was it ok if I waited a bit more? I said it was probably because I was there on a cancellation, so no probs. The notes didn't arrive so we did history taking and so on and had a very good, informed conversation. It also included some of those nasty [ahem] examinations that we have to suffer. Cycling there suddenly didn't seem such a good idea. It's all to do with my age, I'm pretty sure there's nothing sinister behind the extreme symptoms I'm suffering but today's checks were thorough. I have another scan and blood test lined up and a follow-up appointment scheduled. Looks like I'll end up with a Mirena coil until it's all done and dusted. Sounds ok to me. Of course, I left the tiny bar code thing for the blood test in the ladies on the way out. So I'll have to call them in the morning to confess.
At work, we announced this Christmas's fundraising gig thing and within a few hours I got an e-mail from my oldest brother who's a huge Paul Weller fan. He's also unemployed again. I rang him this evening which we really don't do but we had a great chat and catch up. I told him I'd get tickets and not to worry about the money. The cycling brother has said he wants to go too, so looks like a family outing!
The weekend felt very busy. We went to see Boot Led Zeppelin on Friday and they were excellent! Lots of dancing and head banging. And alcohol.
Saturday was a senior volunteers' training day for Christmas, so a bit like work but not. It was very good and informative. I'm going to be at The Warehouse this year, even being Shift Leader for three nights - eek. I'm officially an Assistant Shift Leader but they must have been desperate. It'll be interesting - no guests for starters! In the evening, we had dinner at littlebruv's place, food courtesy of The Boss, and it was a fabulous evening (followed by cycling under the affluence of incohol).
Sunday I cycled over to Bushy Park to do a recce for where I shall be running a drinks station for the world's smallest marathon this coming Saturday. I will be in the right place, honest. Even though I initially got the direction of the loop the wrong way round! It's organised by a friend I've known ever since I joined my running club and it seemed only natural to support him. He's a lovely chap.
And work continues. Christmas arrived on 24 October this year. My two temps start tomorrow so that will be FAB.
Tuesday, November 01, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Waves.
Oh yuck, the offering of the coil reminds me of my 'female problems' a three years ago. Hope it gets sorted soon.
Post a Comment